I am
sooo addicted to playing something which is detrimental to my fingers, I should stop soon.
To prevent yourself from getting tempted, stay away from it.
I learnt a lot from GB today and I really want to share it.
WS shared about parents while Pastor Ben shared about
an eye for an eye from Matthew5:38-42
38"You have heard that it was said,'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' 39But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.We talked about if you never forgive, it will never end and you will always stay in bitterness.
Pastor Ben shared this story which I hope it's not wrong to talk about it here. Hm.
A mission family: Husband, Wife, Son,
DaugtherThe group of villagers captured this husband and son, burnt them in front of the wife and
daugther. Some people asked the
authorites to take action so 7 people were sued.
And this wife said to the press "
drop the charges". To her, she thinks that if God has forgiven us as sinners, what right do we have to not forgive others? Moreover, God loves us and God loves the villagers.
The villages didn't share the same perspective. you get what I mean? so ya.
No wonder I just received an email yesterday. It's happening until now at
Orissa. Search it.
And then
JesusOthersYouReaction VS respondreaction: immediate
respond: step back, take time, think, act
Of course, I am one who always react first, for the fun of it. In times I respond but I think it is changing into habit soon. Thank God for reminding me sometimes, I go wild, I need to stop asap because that becomes my character too.
And what else? Oh about parents...
Although the guy don't mind but I don't think I am going to share his story here. Anyway, this guy just face terrible family problems and ha, actually my friend said this to me before but today I am hearing it again.
It's something like parents are learning to be one and we should communicate to let them know us better too. And it takes time to build friendship, what's more about building family bond.
They may see things from their perspective and refuse to change but... they like us, are learning.
It may seem like an obvious thing to do or you know, all of us know it but I guess it's time to let it sink in.
At least, for me.
Labels: GB