I can’t believe 3 days had passed. That’s so fast! I still feel like I am on a trip now even though I’m lying on the floor facing my comp right now. Arh..
There were 11 cars in total; I was in my boss car which is car 4. We had to travel staying in the formation at all times, not to let any cars intercede. It was really cool! Quite new to me. We had always been talking about safety so we wore long pants/jeans with covered shoes. I thought every car should have 2 guys 2 females too just in case, but my car only had 1 guy. Turns out that this colleague of mine; JS; had served 6 years in NS as a diver; fei hu dui, no wonder my boss said our car is especially safe. This colleague told my boss(who is driving us) that if someone were to reach in the car, she must pull the hand towards her then poke the guy’s eye. I thought that method we always saw on TV is just for show but this colleague explained that it really works. Someday I’d really like to try that.
11 cars in total heading towards that famous Bak Ku Teh store, but in between some went in the wrong directions. Our car used my colleague’s GPS and we managed to reach there with another 2 cars. Only 3 reached there. That was so worrying. Turns out some went the wrong direction..
We drove for another 2 hours and reach Kota Tinggi Rainforest Resort, and it started raining. We couldn’t go straight for the waterfall so we slept at the resort first. I got the biggest room, the only 2 storey one, along with another 6 colleagues. ;))
After an hour rest, we went to the waterfall. I didn’t dare to go in. like no PA go? Thank God, Ying Seah asked me so I joined her and Melissa. The water was so cold!!! Then the splashing of water was so loud!!! The male colleagues all went ahead of us and they made sure we tried to sit right under the place where water comes straight down on you. My gosh! I tried the smaller one first, it was okay. The bigger one was scary! The feeling was really like someone very muscular/strong massaging you and the sound really frightens me. BUT, it was really shoik. Everyone really enjoyed themselves very much, even the aunties that came with us. They were old but young at heart! Haha, we encouraged them to sit at THE area and they did! Haha. Oh ya! There were algae growing on the rocks so it was really slippery in the water. Then one of my colleagues wanted to climb us the big rock to rest, our LaoPan’s son began to push him back into the water. And my colleague really slides away. SO COMMICAL! Haha. He was trying so hard to climb back!
We bathed and had our steamboat dinner. Following which, we went to watch fireflies. Ha, that experience…
There were 2 big boats and 36 of us. The boat I was on only had girls and one guy. Sharon wanted Steve to join us. Know how we got him? Steve! We got snacks! And there he is coming to our side. Lol.
Our boat was very lively because there were 2 kids fighting for potato chips. Halfway through the journey, our engine went down. While the only man who knows the boat was fixing it, the waves pushed the boat closer and closer to the shore. We almost hit it then suddenly, the boat rotated. It turned on the spot and went another way! The boatman didn’t do anything it was really the waves. How amazing! But then again, the next thing we know, our boat hit a branch later. Then we had to wait for another boat to bring us back.
We had a sumptuous breakfast for the next morning then we had a 2 hours driving trip to our colleague’s hometown to have bak gu teh again. After which we drove for another 2 hours to have the famous chicken rice at Malacca. We were really speeding on the highway. After chicken rice we had chendol then we went to the apartment hotel to rest.
We went to eat at the night market. Laopan and some advisors got this calligraphy and poem pro to write poems for them. This lady had lost both her hands so she had to tie the calligraphy brush to her arm to write.
There was a huge stage where uncles and aunties volunteer to sing on stage. There were also a few uncles who volunteer to dance. So cute! They were really enthu and passionate about performing. Now I really understand what they meant by being old but young at heart. Our Laopan also went up to sing with some advisors dancing along.
Meanwhile, Robin used his time to pick up magic tricks and skills with this magician store. To learn a trick you need to pay him money first. I paid for one but I learnt quite a lot. Super-duper fun!
I had a good sleep=)
On the third day we rushed to have chicken rice at the similar store again. There was a huge bus passing by the store. Some of us were stuck between the bus and the store. Then my colleague moved this heavy pole so that I could move to a safer place. The store holder shouted at him because the pole was supposed to be there to indicate how the bus uncle should turn about. The bus moved back and there was a car behind. The bus almost hit it yet the driver in the car was nonchalant about it and didn’t stir at all so in the end his car plate got hit. It could have been him.
We went to Muar to visit LaoPan niang’s relatives. It was a village look, reminds me of my Thai House. Anyway, then we had lots of food again and Oliver kept paying for us. Oliver is Laopan’s son. 12 years old only.
After eating, Laopan taught us how to play the… you know the rubber band with y-look stick to use stone shoot things. Ya, we shoot at coconuts. Hehe. I was quite bored then Oliver went to neighbour’s house and carried 2 puppies over. WE were so scared that the mummy dog will come after us la.
Anyway, at night the table was filled with food. The relatives made sure we had more than enough food. They were really simple and kind-hearted people. Then after dinner, my colleagues started massaging each other, like a family.
Ashlyn mentioned to me this extra day trip is specially for Spartans, like an elite trip. What I really felt was, in this group, everyone seem changed, they all cultivate good values and do good too, with their heart. It was something which I don’t expect to see anywhere else and it’s was really a privilege for me to be invited. Though the extra trip was uneventful but it was really value added. I even thought if I have to give my boss a Christmas present, let me massage her as a present. Haha. If I really do it.
I am down with fever and throat irritation. The doctor said my throat is very swollen. Haha. Jialat. On Sat night I know my temperature went very high, I even dreamt that I was on fire. My throat hurts each time I try to speak so the doctor gave me pain relief medicine.
My boss just called. ARH! DELIGHTED. I haven’t treated my bosses like bosses. I still see them as my family and I don’t treat my family well. Jia lat.